For my full CV in PDF, click here.
Areas of Specialization: Pragmatism (Classical & Contemporary); German Idealism (esp. Kant & Hegel); Philosophy of Mind and Language
Areas of Competence: Metaphysics and Epistemology; Philosophy of Science; 20th Century Analytic Philosophy; 19th & 20th Century European Philosophy.
Ph.D. in Philosophy, University of Calgary; 2014 – 2019 (Expected)
Dissertation: Pragmatism and the Scientific Image of Mind (tentative title)
Committee: Mark Migotti (Supervisor), Marc Ereshefsky, David Liebesman
Visiting Scholar, University of Pittsburgh Department of Philosophy; Sept 2017 – Mar 2018
(Host: Robert Brandom)
M.A. in Philosophy, Dalhousie University; 2009 – 2010
(Thesis: A Mitigated Pessimism: Rorty and the Possibilities of Philosophy)
B.A. (Honours, First Class) in Philosophy, University of Calgary; 2005 – 2009
1. (2018) Review of John Turri and Peter D. Klein, eds., Ad Infinitum: New Essays on Epistemological Infinitism, in Dialogue: Canadian Philosophical Review 57 (1): 194-196.
2. (2015) Review of Huw Price et al., Expressivism, Pragmatism and Representationalism, in Dialogue: Canadian Philosophical Review 54 (3): 573-576.
Papers Under Review
1. On intentionality and pragmatism.
2. On Sellars and Hegel on intentionality and mind in nature.
3. On Huw Price’s pragmatism.
1. “The Importance of the Introduction to Hegel’s Phenomenology for Post-Sellarsian
Thought”, Society for German Idealism, Pacific APA; Vancouver, BC (2019). (accepted)
2. “Revisiting Rorty’s Dewey: Norm, Nature, and Experience”, Richard Rorty Society panel, Society for the Advancement of American Philosophy; Columbus, OH (March 2019). (invited and accepted)
3. “A Problem for Huw Price’s Pragmatism”, Canadian Philosophical Association; Toronto, ON (2017).
4. “Hegelian Insights for Liberal Naturalism”; Idealism and the Metaphilosophy of Mind conference; London, UK. (2016).
5. “Pragmatism and Objectivity in C.I. Lewis”; Canadian Philosophical Association; Calgary, AB (2016).
6. “Defending the Armchair Without Intuitions”; Canadian Philosophical Association; Ottawa, ON (2015).
SELECTED SCHOLARSHIPS & AWARDS
SSHRC Michael Smith Foreign Study Supplement ($6,000)
UCalgary Graduate Students’ Association Academic Project Support Grant ($750)
University of Calgary Department of Philosophy Scholarships ($4,000)
University of Calgary Faculty of Graduate Studies Travel Award ($1,000)
SSHRC Joseph-Armand Bombardier Canada Graduate Scholarship ($105,000)
Queen Elizabeth II Doctoral Scholarship, University of Calgary ($10,000)
Instructor, University of Calgary
Philosophy of Religion; appointed for Spring 2018
Philosophy and Psychology (philosophy of mind survey); Summer 2017
Information Technology Ethics (University of Calgary, Fall 2018)
Mind, Matter, and God x 2 (intro to metaphysics & epistemology; University of Calgary 2014 & 2015)
Introduction to Philosophy (Dalhousie University, 2009-2010)
Dialogue: Canadian Philosophical Review; European Journal of Pragmatism and American Philosophy
Graduate Student Service
University of Calgary Philosophy Graduate Students’ Association:
Secretary & Graduate Colloquium Director (May 2016 – April 2017).
Canadian Philosophical Association, American Philosophical Association, Society for the Advancement of American Philosophy, Charles S. Peirce Society, Hegel Society of Great Britain.
Contributor to the group philosophy blog A Philosopher’s Take, http://www.aphilosopherstake.com. (2015-present)