For my full CV in PDF, click here.
Areas of Specialization: Mind, Language, & Epistemology; Pragmatism (Classical & Contemporary)
Areas of Competence: Kant & Hegel; 20th Century Analytic Philosophy; 19th & Early 20th Century European Philosophy; Philosophy of Science
Ph.D. in Philosophy, University of Calgary; 2014 – 2019 (Expected)
Dissertation: Pragmatism and the Scientific Image of Mind (tentative title)
Committee: Mark Migotti (Supervisor), Jeremy Fantl, David Liebesman
Visiting Scholar, University of Pittsburgh Department of Philosophy; Sept 2017 – Mar 2018
(Host: Robert Brandom)
M.A. in Philosophy, Dalhousie University; 2009 – 2010
(Thesis: A Mitigated Pessimism: Rorty and the Possibilities of Philosophy)
B.A. (Honours, First Class) in Philosophy, University of Calgary; 2005 – 2009
1. (forthcoming) Review of John Turri and Peter D. Klein, eds., Ad Infinitum: New Essays on Epistemological Infinitism, in Dialogue: Canadian Philosophical Review.
2. (2015) Review of Huw Price et al., Expressivism, Pragmatism and Representationalism, in Dialogue: Canadian Philosophical Review 54 (3): 573-576.
1. “A Problem for Huw Price’s Pragmatism”, Canadian Philosophical Association, Toronto, Canada. May 2017.
2. “Hegelian Lessons for Liberal Naturalism”; Idealism and the Metaphilosophy of Mind conference, London, UK. September 2016.
3. “Pragmatism and Objectivity in C.I. Lewis”; Canadian Philosophical Association, Calgary, Canada. May 2016.
4. “Defending the Armchair Without Intuitions”; Canadian Philosophical Association, Ottawa, Canada. June 2015.
SELECTED SCHOLARSHIPS & AWARDS
SSHRC Michael Smith Foreign Study Supplement ($6,000)
UCalgary Graduate Students’ Association Academic Project Support Grant ($750)
University of Calgary Department of Philosophy Scholarships ($4,000)
University of Calgary Faculty of Graduate Studies Travel Award ($1,000)
SSHRC Joseph-Armand Bombardier Canada Graduate Scholarship ($105,000)
Queen Elizabeth II Doctoral Scholarship, University of Calgary ($10,000)
As Instructor, University of Calgary
Philosophy of Religion; appointed for Spring 2018
Philosophy and Psychology (philosophy of mind survey); Summer 2017
As Teaching Assistant
Mind, Matter, and God x 2 (intro to metaphysics & epistemology, University of Calgary)
Introduction to Philosophy (Dalhousie University)
Dialogue: Canadian Philosophical Review
University of Calgary Philosophy Graduate Student Conference 2017
Graduate Student Service
University of Calgary Philosophy Graduate Students’ Association:
Secretary & Graduate Colloquium Director (May 2016 – April 2017).
Canadian Philosophical Association, American Philosophical Association, Charles Sanders Peirce Society.
Contributor to the group philosophy blog A Philosopher’s Take, http://www.aphilosopherstake.com. (2015-present)